Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cover Letter

For my portfolio, I started at the very beginning. My first essay I included was the first one we wrote, the personal memoir. I felt this paper was the weakest off all of the pieces I have on here. Yet that is to be expected since it was the first piece. What I wanted to show the readers of the portfolio was to start latest and then progressively move into most recently written essays. I felt this way would show the readers strength and progress as I moved further along in my writing throughout the semester.
My writing process within the portfolio was to explain what I did with each piece and why I chose that particular topic to write on. I want to give some background behind each piece, so readers can get a summary of what the piece is about before they actually read it. I felt this could ease the reader in so they don't go completely blind before they read the particular essay.
The process I used was to show the readers the progress I made as a writer. Although my grades were consistently "B's", I felt each paper was my strongest. Even though I got a B- on the controversial topic essay, I felt that it was the strongest piece. It was the third essay we wrote, and I felt that the use of sourcing, research and placing that research in an organizing manner, really taught me how to write a good informative essay. Overall what I learned from this semester was that writing takes time and that its like anything you do in life, the more you do it, the better you get at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment